This Keto Bread Recipe Will Blow You Away
If you like, love, or just plain gotta have bread, you are in for a literal treat! For bread lovers, low carb life-stylers, and keto dieters, this keto bread recipe will give you the fix you need while keeping you on your dietary path.
This keto bread will not spike your blood sugar or insulin so you will be able to stay in ketosis. The paleo gods, however, may cut their eyes at you because of the 2 tsp of baking powder. They need to try this bread, and I’m sure they’d make an exception.
Oh…and the kids will never know it’s actually “good for them.” Shhh.
Ingredients for Keto Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play Doh.
- Moisten hands and form dough into 4 or 8 pieces of bread. You can also make hot dog or hamburger buns. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice. Store the keto bread in the fridge or freezer.
Sprinkle seeds on the bread before you pop it into the oven – poppy seeds, sesame seeds or why not some salt flakes and herbs?
If you make this keto bread recipe into 6 pieces of bread they each contain about 2 grams of carbs.
Do your breads end up with a slightly purple color? That can happen with some brands of psyllium husk. Try with another brand, like this one.